- Prof. En-hui Yang, Professor, IEEE Fellow, and Canada Research Chair in Information Theory and Multimedia Compression
- Chang Sun (PH.D., April 2014)
"DCT-based Image/Video Compression: New Design Perspectives "
- Yueming Gao (MS., April 2014, now
with Ericsson Canada, Ottawa)
"Application of a Bi-Geometric Transparent Composite Model to HEVC: Residual Data Modelling and Rate Control "
Eslamifar (MS., December 2013, now
with DBRS, Toronto)
"On Causal Video Coding with Possible Loss of the First Encoded Frame "
- James Ho(co-supervised by Professor Pin-Han Ho, PH.D., September 2013, now with Goldman Sachs, New York)
"Joint Source Channel Coding in Broadcast and Relay Channels: A Non-Asymptotic End-to-End Distortion Approach "
- Jin Meng (PH.D., Feburary 2013, now Post-Doctoral Fellow with Multicom Research Lab)
"Coding Theorems via Jar Decoding"
- Lin Zheng (PH.D., Feburary 2012, now with Magnum Semiconductor, Inc., Waterloo)
"Rate Distortion Theory for Causal Video Coding: Characterization, Computation Algorithm, Comparison, and Code Design"
- Krishna Rapaka (MS., January 2012, now with Qualcomm., Califoria, USA.)
- Jie Zhang (co-supervised by Professor Liang-liang Xie, MS., December 2011, now with Ericsson Canada, Ottawa)
"Investigation on the Compress-and-Forward Relay Scheme"
- Krzysztof Hebel (MS., November 2010, now with Magnum Semiconductor, Inc., Waterloo)
" R-D Optimal Scalable Video Coding Using Soft Decision Quantization"
- Fei Teng (MS., August 2010, now a PH.D student in Northwestern University, USA)
"Optimal Multiresolution Quantization for Broadcast Channels with Random Index Assignment"
- Abir Mukherjee (MS., August 2008)
"Visual Attention-based Small Screen Adaptation of H.264 Video"
- Xiang Yu (Ph.D., January 2008)
"Image and Video Coding/Transcoding: A Rate Distortion Approach"
- Hui Zha (MS., January 2008, now with Xyratex, Kitchener.)
"Progressive Lossless Image Compression Using Image Decomposition and Context Quantization"
- Xudong Ma (Ph.D., December 2007)
"On constructing low-density parity-check codes"
- Jiao Wang (MS., June 2007, now with AMD.)
"An Efficient Motion Estimation Method For H.264-Based Video Transcoding With Arbitrary Spatial Resolution Conversion"
- Guixing Wu (Ph.D., 2006)
"On the Design and Analysis of Quantization-Based Digital Watermarking Systems"
- Wei Sun (Ph.D., July 2006, now with Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories, Boston)
"Joint Compression and Digital Watermarking: Information-Theoretic Study and Algorithms Development"
- Nguyen Nguyen (MS, 2005)
"Loss Discrimination for Improved Throughput Performance in Heterogeneous Networks"
- Jingming Xu (MS, 2005)
"Rate-distortion Optimization for Audio Coding with Complete MP3 and AAC Decoder Compatibility"
- Da-ke He (PhD, 2003, now with Research In Motion, Waterloo. )
"Grammar-Based Codes: from Context-Free to Context-Dependent"
- Alexei Kaltchenko (PhD, 2003, now with Wilfrid Laurier University, ON)
"Universal Data Compression: from Classical to Quantum"
- Jianfen Zeng (MS, 2003, now with Zhongshan Univ., China)
"Color Image Quantization with PNG Decoder Compatibility"
- Akshay Nanduri (MS, 2003, now with SlipStream, ON)
"The Iterative Yang-Kieffer Algorithm"
- Yaojun Wu (MS, 2003)
"Concatenated Trellis Coding and Interleaver Design"
- Yunwei Jia (PhD, 2002, now with LSI Logic, ON)
"On the Design and Analysis of Grammar-Based Data Compression Algorithms"
- Steven Chan (MS, 2002, now with SlipStream, ON)
"Computational Complexity of Multidimensional Linear Prediction for Dense Regions"
- Jianghong Guo (MS, 2001)
"Analysis and Design of Lossless Bi-Level Image Coding Systems"
- Rui Xu (MS, 2001)
"Multiuser Detectors Using Partial PIC and Annealing NN for MC-CDMA Systems in Indoor Rayleigh Fading Channels"
- Haibing Yin (Professor at China Jiliang University, Hangzhou), visiting scholar
- Dr. Mehdi Torbatian, Post-Doc, Now with Ignis innovation inc., Waterloo.
- Prof. Yuan Luo (Shanghai Jiaotong University), visiting scholar.
- Shenghao Yang [web] [e-mail] (Post-Doc., Nov. 2008 - Oct. 2009)
- Prof. Zhen Zhang (University of Southern California, Los Angeles), visiting scholar
- Dr. Haiquan Wang, now at Hangzhou Dianzi University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
- Dr. Lushen Chen, visiting scholar
Copyright 2004-2015 Multicom Research Lab.
Currently Maintained by Nan Hu
Last updated on Feb. 2015